Moultazimoun Review | Jilbabs and Abaya

Moultazimoun is a modest clothing brand that offers a range of clothing from jilbabs to abayas and more. When I first began falling in love with the jilbab, Moultazimoun was one of the first, if not the first company I ordered from. I was so excited to get my package! Long story short it was a long process as we had a post women who was filling in for our regular post man. She decided not to leave my package that was traveling all the way from France because our name was not on the box. Grrr. I was so mad. We had been there a year without any issues. I caught the package before it got sent back. Fuuuu!

Anyways, the first two items I purchased was the Saoudian 1 Piece Jilbab in Red Earth (which I have not seen on there sight since shortly after my purchase) and the Grey Makkah 2 piece jilbab. I am not going to lie, I had never tried one on before so I felt so weird and ugly actually. It had nothing to do with the jilbabs, but I was trying on something totally new for me. I remember thinking...Oh man, maybe I don't like jilbab as much as I thought! I thought they were beautifully made, great quality. I really loved the fabric, but I was nervous about how hot they may be in my humid Florida weather. I do remember thinking the Saoudian Jilbab was quite pretty, but it felt dressy, and I'm not fancy. I wasn't sure were I would wear it, but I soon grew to love them! I absolutely love both of these jilbabs, prob two of my favorites out of the nine or ten jilbabs I own. I wore the red jilbab on Eid and to the musjid on occasion. I've worn the grey to the musjid multiple times and I wore it while in Jordan with a half niqab. The fabric is Nidha. It's said to be cooling in the heat despite being a synthetic fabric. I have mixed opinions on it being cooling, but I don't really mind. Its very silky and has a cooling touch. The Saodian jilbab is gorgeous to look at, but I have to be honest, it is completely impractical for active women or mommy's. There is so much fabric that your bound to trip up, get pulled on and more. But... it's lovely.
Jilbab with a half niqab from Sunnah Style


Full body jilbab

Finger string to prevent raising of the sleeve and a nice style detail

Skirt and top

Lycra sleeves with thumb hole (I forgot to show you that part sorry) I personally love the thumb holes so I don't know how I forgot to show you guys how they look. I actually only wear it like that haha)


Wanted to show you what it looks like with a 2 layer niqab.

With a 2 layer niqab from Qibtiyyah Exclusive

 Something I haven't seen on other blogs about jilbabs are the product laid out flat. Often times we may not realize the differences in how jilbabs are cut which affects how it shapes the body and how much fabric there is. I remember shopping on a jilbab site for three days because I couldn't decide which jilbab would work best for me. So I decided to photograph my jilbabs, and give you some insight on their differences.

Jilbab top of 2 piece with skirt

1 piece jilbab
As you can see there is a big difference in the top body shape. When a jilbab or dress is cut straight across the top you can anticipate lots of fabric that creates full flowing drapes on the sides. The strait across body style (on the red) will also have a fuller face area. If you have a chubby face this may not be the most flattering, although the flowy fabric is so lovely you may not care. Whereas the grey one has a triangle cut top which eliminates a bit of fabric bulk and creates a smooth flow that falls nicely on the shoulders.

The red jilbab has a full square body whereas the grey is a smaller square body due to the added fitted sleeves made from a stretchy lycra. This allows the tailor to cut down the width slightly. The stretchy fitted sleeve are a tad warm but comfortable overall. The fuller body style on the red will make moving, sitting, grabbing kids and chores a bit more difficult. The slightly more slender body of the grey jilbab with fitted sleeve are much more practical for daily wear and has more move ability. The fitted sleeves on the grey also allow a sweater or jacket to fit more comfortably.

You will notice in the next set of photos of my second purchase from Moultazimoun that the face/neck is cut straight unlike many other jilbabs which have a rounded neck shape. I don't know if I have a preference really, but sometimes the rounded neck may be slightly looser than the strait neck which is either good or bad for you depending on your face shape. 

Lastly from the jilbabs' I've purchased from Moultazimoun, they use elastic on the headband which I have not personally seen from other companies; as the normal headband is usually a tie back. I like and dislike the elastic. I like it because its easy, but I dislike it because it does not allow you to adjust if needed. If your head and face is slightly smaller it may slip back more.

The next purchase I made was a green 1 piece Imane Jilbab and the bicolor papillon abaya in rose and white. I had purchased the abaya for Eid, but didn't end up wearing it for some reason. Think I might wear it this Eid in sha Allah.



Sleeve zippers. Im actually not a fan of these cuffs, but they make the jilbab look kinda cool.

Wanted you to see what it looks like with a black half niqab from Qibtiyyah

I paired the abaya with my "Pina Colada" scarf from my business Scarves for Love



The Imane jilbab did say Nidha fabric but it feels more like a crepe. It's not as soft as the other two above. This one gives off more heat as it's not as thin or silky feeling as the others. Maybe it's a different style of nidha. I believe the abaya is a crepe, but I'm not sure as they no longer carry this one in particular on the site. Each are very comfortable.

The negatives of both are that the cuffs on the Imane jilbab are very thick! I almost feel like they are something that should be on extreme athletic wear. Not sure how to describe it. It's not bad, I still like the look. The zippers are a tad tacky. It's just not my style. I would have prefered a basic zipper verse a bedazzled one. I think the point was to make it look fancier, which is nice, but not necessary as the jilbab is really nice. 

The abaya is really pretty. It's very feminine and even my non Muslim, not so modest mommy likes it, but its alot of fabric like the red jilbab; so maybe not so practical for mommy's with toddlers or an active women. This dress is better kept for date night, Eid or parties. It's also the slightest bit translucent. I mean most women are wearing clothes under their abayas anyways, but just in case I would not recommend going commando in this abaya haha. Lastly the sleeves are very loose at the ends. If you reach your arm up most likely your forearm will show. I'd recommend a long sleeve shirt underneath just in case.

This is the face and neck opening on the jilbabs. As you can see its strait across with no round.

This shape is similar to the Jilbab Makkah above, but the sleeves are not as long nor is it slightly gathered.

This is upside down, but it looked funny when I rotated it. As you can see its a square body like the red jilbab above.

Here are the flat lay photos so you can see the shape of the body. As you see the jilbab has the triangle fit similar to the body of the grey jilbab.

The abaya has a full square body which is why it feels very full. It is great for modesty, and makes for a beautiful drape on the dress, but can feel like a lot of fabric.

Overall, I love Moultazimoun and will be ordering from them again. The quality is great! I wish international shipping was cheaper, but as a business owner I totally understand international rates. I'm hoping to purchase another Makkah, maybe in black and blue, and the nursing jilbab intrigues me, but although I do breastfeed I dont know how much wear I'd get out of it. I do wish they did the Makkah with a saroul pant option, as they are a bit more practical for my lifestyle. I'd also love to see more color option in nidha. In sha Allah.

Comments

Popular Posts